[rescue] D1000s + A?000 in a 42U chassis - SCSI Q

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Fri May 17 17:18:22 CDT 2002

I'm modestly familiar with the D1000. I have seen several photos of Sun
Storage Installations, with one A?000 and 5 or 6 D1000 in a 42U rack. I am
not familiar with the A?000 equipment.

So my question is.. (Bill?) you with real jobs in big corprations with big
server rooms  with lots of hardware with real experience.. how does one
A-whatever control  5 or 6 (or 10 or 12?) D1000 Drive Chassis SCSI busses..

I'm just talking physically.. cable wise.. SCSI connector wise.. I/O ports
wise..   SCSI ID wise..  not any throughput issues

Les