[rescue] So what kind of drives does this use?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 17 05:59:13 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:33:32PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2023433506
>
> Googling makes it look like it is fast narrow scsi 2.  I couldn't find a place
> that says that, but people talking about putting RZ28s and Seagate ST15150Ns
> in them, and those are narrow drives.

That's right.  The drive cannisters convert from a humongous rectangular
connector on the outside to regular SCSI-2 and power connectors on the
inside.  You can upgrade the disks to just about anything, but the
cannisters are a real *bitch* to get open and closed up again.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."