[rescue] So what kind of drives does this use?

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri May 17 00:32:47 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:33:32PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2023433506
>
> Googling makes it look like it is fast narrow scsi 2.  I couldn't find a place
> that says that, but people talking about putting RZ28s and Seagate ST15150Ns
> in them, and those are narrow drives.

That's a 3-bay narrow-SCSI box, which can be modified to handle one
5.25" device (like a CDROM or QIC-tapedrive) together with the other two
SBB-bays. I have like 8 or 9 of these sitting besides me with no use.
They're incapable of doing xxxxx-VW drives (Wide Ultra or non-Ultra),
but works like a charm with the older beige-and-green SBBs, with the
xxxxx-VA tags. The Digital-drives are RZ26x-VA, RZ28x-VA, RZ29B-VA and
RZ40x-VA (1, 2, 4 and 9 gigs).
All of the bays are SCSI ID-switchable in the back.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB