[rescue] IRIX software question

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu May 16 22:01:02 CDT 2002

Hi Guys

I've been offered a great collection of used (and unused) IRIX system software from a non-unix-user friend in the US. Aside from full IRIX media kits for 5.3, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, and 6.5 the collection apparently includes the following media (I say apparently because it hasn't been delivered yet):

ONC3/NFS VERSION 2 AND 3 FOR 6.2,6.3,6.4,
SNMP ACCESS TO HP-UX MIB 1.1.2 FOR IRIX 6.2,6.3,6.4 AND 6.5,
FREEWARE 2.0,
DESKTOP SPECIAL EDITION 1.1,
IRIX 5.3 ALL INDIGO2 IMPACT,
OCTANE SYSTEM DISK PATCHES 4/98,
IRIX 6.2 APPLICATIONS MAY 96,
6.2,6.3 AND 6.4 RECOMMENDED/REQUIRE PATCHES,
6.5 DEVELOPMENT LIBRARIES,
6.5 FOUNDATION 1 AND 2,
IRIX 6.5 INSTALLATION TOOLS 98,
IRIX 6.4 APPLICATIONS,
IRIX 6.5 BASE DOCUMENTATION 98,
IRIX 6.5 DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION,
IRIX 6.5.4 OVERLAYS 99,
IRIX DEVELOPMENT OPTION 5.3,
NETWORK FILE SYSTEM 5.3,
PATCH SG 0000466,
IRIX 5.3 CURRENT PATCHS,
EXPLORE TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR SILICON GRAPHICS HOT MIX 18,
IRIX 6.2 DEVELOPMENT LIBRARIES,
IRIX 6.4 APPLICATIONS,
OCTANE DEMOS 1.1 FOR 6.4,

Since I'm not hugely familiar with IRIX distributions, I'm basically just curious to know if there is anything that is particularly unusual or interesting in the above list.

Cheers,

Gavin