[rescue] Offers for unknown config blue SGI Indy pizzaboxes

Bruce Pullig bpullig at houston.oilfield.slb.com
Wed May 15 14:45:45 CDT 2002

At 02:21 PM 5/15/2002, you wrote:
>Message: 10
>Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:59:37 -0600
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>From: lesliec at theplanet.com (Leslie Connally)
>Subject: [rescue] Offers for unknown config blue SGI Indy pizzaboxes
>
>Everybody-
>
>I am discussing an offer for a half dozen little blue Indy workstations
>with a liquidator. All I can find out is they are the little blue Indy
>pizza boxs, w/ camera (and camera IN ports) and SGI monitor and KBD/mouse.
>He did send photos. no cool graphics subsystems. Any interest? & at what
>pricepoint? we are arguing 50-75 per complete system. shipping addtl*. I'm
>afraid they will have passwords on them.. CPU unknown mem unknown drive
>unknown.

Since they appear to be complete systems, can you convince them to run hinv
on them?  The price seems a bit high not knowing their "completeness."  I
might be interested in one or more depending upon their
specs/price.  Passwords on them should be no problem, especially PROM
passwords.

>theyd be going syracuse NY to Dallas tx, then out from here

You're in Texas?  That makes it even more tempting.  Road trip! ;-)

   Bruce Pullig
   Senior Systems Administrator
   Schlumberger Information Solutions
   Data Management Center
   5444 Westheimer, Suite 800, Houston, TX 77056
   Phone: 713.350.4217  Fax: 713.350.4102
   bpullig at slb.com