[rescue] Tsparc 170 board questions

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 15 10:59:48 CDT 2002

> The only real concern is that they be full parity SIMMs.
Yep, FPM true parity SIMMs.  To the best of my knowledge,
a PowerMac/Performa 5200 doesn't use parity memory, but
the proof is in the pudding...

> I suspect that only  16 MB modules are going to work in the
> Cycle board you have since I remember that board only
> supporting 128 MB total via 8 x 4 MB 30 pin and 6 x 16 MB 72
> pin.
Mike knows that board better than I, but I would still
try it.  My Axil 245 (SS5 clone with 72-pin SIMM slots)
has 6 slots but will take 32MB SIMMs in each slot for
192MB total...and of course an LX will take 32MB SIMMs
in the first slot for 128MB total even though the official
number is 96MB max...

Good luck--

  --Rip