[rescue] Tsparc 170 board questions

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Wed May 15 10:54:40 CDT 2002

on 5/15/02 11:25 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 at patrick at .zill.net
wrote:

> A few quick questions:
>
> 1.  Would 72-pin RAM from a Macintosh (PowerPC 5200) work?  If so that
> would be truly awesome.
>
> 2.  For 72-pin SIMMs for this thing, I assume that they must be
> installed in pairs, is that correct?  And can anyone point me to a
> document that explains which slots get filled first, or where the
> biggest sticks of RAM go (some mobos require 32MB be put in order
> before adding lower amount of RAM)?

The only real concern is that they be full parity SIMMs. I suspect that only
16 MB modules are going to work in the Cycle board you have since I remember
that board only supporting 128 MB total via 8 x 4 MB 30 pin and 6 x 16 MB 72
pin.

Most likely the Mac memory will not work since it all was non parity IIRC.

Of course now I cannot find the document that had that data for the cycle
board.

Mike N