[rescue] IBM on ebay

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Tue May 14 18:19:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Wow, a risk-free way to get into an IBM mainframe environment. If I had 6K
> > I'd do it.
>
> Anybody know what the *smallest* S/390 is?  Is it one of those goes-in-an-AT
> cards?

There are actually two models that go in PCI slots.  The P/390 and the
P/390E.  The "E" is a great deal faster.  They are pretty finicky with
which slots they will work in, though, and you have to be really careful
which motherboard you want to use.

Of course, you could always stick one in an RS/6000.

> Hercules is neat, but I dont have a Linux box to run it on.

Hercules is only good for some light playing.  Kinda worthless.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"