[rescue] Sunblade 100 - OUT OF RANGE monitor error

Tom Francen tom_francen at midtechcorp.com
Wed May 8 12:57:24 CDT 2002

Hi Sun Support.

My SUNBLADE 100 just arrived.  The initial configuration went through
fine ... Added IP Address, Date & Time, root password, etc.  The system
then rebooted.

I immediate got on the monitor "OUT OF RANGE" ... I run a ViewSonic A90
... 1600x1200 ... .23mm ... Solid monitor.

M64config seems to be the solution ... (e.g. m64config -depth 24 -res \?
) ...

Problem is only one account is created ... Root.  Root can only login at
the console.  The consoles monitor says "OUT OF RANGE".  How do I run
"m64config" without being able to login?  This presents quit a dilema

tjf

Thomas James Francen
Midwest Technologies Corporation
Denver, CO