[rescue] Sun Blade 100 Question - IDE

Klaasjan Brand kjb at studenten.net
Fri May 10 15:46:42 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 16:38, CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com wrote:
> My mistake - I had meant software RAID1 - simple mirroring. And fast as IDE
> might be, there are shared bandwidth issues in a master-slave arrangement.

Maybe there is a possibility for hardware RAID... there are those little
gadgets called "duplidisk", which are simple and relatively cheap IDE
RAID 0/1 adapters. You just connect two hard drivers to the controller
and attach the controller to the system's IDE controller. Check:
http://www.arcoide.com/productspages/raidcontrollers.html for more info.
They claim they are "platform independent" since the controller is just
an IDE device to the system, so it could work with a Sun...

just my 2 eurocents,
Kj