[rescue] Sun Blade 100 Question - IDE

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 10 09:56:47 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:40:35AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Software RAID on one IDE chanel probably isn't the best idea.
> >

> I'll take your word for it - software RAID on IDE seems like a bad idea
> all around.  I'm rather IDE dumb, with regard to the subleties and
> problems - I haven't used an IDE disk in a few years...

Some people report good results when doing software raid between multiple
IDE disks on multiple chanels under NT and linux.  Presumably it could be
usefull for video editing.  I've never tried it, but it should provide
a speed boost.

But, SCSI or FC-AL is definately a better idea.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo