[rescue] Sun Blade 100 Question - IDE

CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com
Fri May 10 08:54:16 CDT 2002

On the Blade 100, I'm wondering how Sun tends to configure a second
factory-installed hard drive.

It looks like the Blade 100 has two IDE channels, with the primary channel
going to the default hard drive and the secondary channel going to the
CD-ROM. If you add a second hard drive, which channel does Sun put it on?

I ask because I'm trying to evaluate what kind of performance hit one would
take by configuring hardware RAID on these boxes. If both hard drives tend
to share the same IDE channel, it seems like that would be a mitigating
factor. I'm hoping sun has the sense to put the addidional hard drive on
the same IDE channel as the CD-ROM.

thanks,
-carl