[rescue] Mailing List Software

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Thu May 9 14:44:08 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:19:50PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > non-GNU? Maybe not a GNU project but it is under the LGPL...
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=listar-announce&m=98057913121056&w=2
>
> Generally, people here seem more peeved at software that RMS had a direct
> hand in rather than the software that copied his license.

Well, while I am not a fan of the GPL in any form, I have a friend who is on
the Listar development team. Evidently Stallman approached them and asked
them to merge with the Mailman project or stop development because, in his
words, there was no room in the free software world for two competing list
processors.

David