[rescue] deMIME or alternative

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu May 9 12:04:44 CDT 2002

Brian Hechinger [wonko at 4amlunch.net] wrote:

> is there a way to "flatten" MIME/HTML?  it doesn't need to format it to plain
> text, although that would rule, just change it from MIME/HTML to just plain
> HTML in the body?

Have you tried just doing it in mutt?  You just need to pipe the e-mail
to lynx, and then have that dumped back into mutt.  I have these entries
in my mailcap:
text/html ; /usr/bin/lynx -dump %s  ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.html
text/htm  ; /usr/bin/lynx -dump %s  ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.html
message/html ; /usr/bin/lynx -dump %s  ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.html
message/htm  ; /usr/bin/lynx -dump %s  ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.html

Seems to work just fine for me, unless I'm misunderstanding the question
(a definate possibility).

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost