[rescue] Re: Re: u5>u30?!?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 8 21:01:13 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 06:53:36PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> I am a SCSI snob when I have the resources, but I don't have the official
> Joshua blinders yet. I know that not everyone needs SCSI. If you're just
> using the machine as an X terminal, for example, the difference between
> SCSI and IDE is negligible. DNS on a small (<1000 domains) nameserver
> probably doesn't exceed 33MB/sec either.

All the SunHELP lists, web pages, and such (just email traffic was approaching
1G/day) ran on an IDE-based box up until last November.

My box at work (a SunBlade 100, which I own) is IDE.  I use it for SSH,
minor coding, and Netscape/Mozilla/Opera - and IDE is *perfect*.  On a
desktop, I'll trade speed for storage capacity any day.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net