[rescue] Re: u5>u30?!?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 8 19:21:49 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 05:13:44PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> Drives for the U5 may be cheaper, so the costs may balance out. And 32meg
> dimms for the U5 are worthless these days so they're easier to find.
>
> For some environments a U5 is better. It's smaller and lighter, for one.
> Where space/mass/drive price is minimally significant, yes, a U30 is
> better.

Excuse me, but how are U5 drives cheaper than any other machine?  If
anything, they are worse for the U5 since a SCSI controller must be loaded
first.

I suppose they are smaller, but they have a large foot print.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo