[rescue] MTI DAS9000 disk array?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 8 15:53:08 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:23:54PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Hmm, You might want to check out the con-way.com site, and see if
> shipping is any cheaper that way.  It looks like $287 to get to me,
> which is still about $200 more than I'm willing to pay.  Damn nice box,
> but that's WAY too expensive.

Its bigger than I really need anyway.  At the moment I'm playing with
solstice and an RSM-214, but I have my eye on a digital array.  I'm
thinking either stuff the digital array with 9 gig drives (after RAID5,
that should be 42gigs), or run a RAID 10 and a RAID 0 (RAID0 for things
like FLAC files, source tarballs, etc, raid 10 for home directories,
databases, etc), depending on if I score the digital.

The MTI would have been cool, but probably too power hungry anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo