[rescue] Re: screws for spud brackets

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed May 8 15:14:02 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 04:05:47PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > You need a "REAL" haedware store.. which is hard to find these days. If
> > need be, I will go to Elliot Hardware here in Dallas for you if need be.

there is a real hardware store near my dad's place.  too far to run for
something quick though.  great place.  "84 Lumber"

> How does one tell a REAL hardware store from a fake one?

the easiest way to tell is, would a yuppie go there?  if the answer is no, then
it's a real hardware store.

seriously, it's hard to explain, but Lowes and Home Depot don't count.
Hechingers was about as close to "main stream" real hardware stores as you
could get, but sadly they went out of business.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --