[rescue] screws for spud brackets

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed May 8 13:10:45 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:51:10PM -0400, Loomis, Rip wrote:
> Yeah, the SSA is apparently the "universal recipient" of Sun
> brackets...same as the One True Holy Metal and Plastic Spud
> is the "universal donor" blood/spud[0].  I think I have some
> "proper" SSA brackets here that never will get used, so let
> me know if you start needing extras.

i'll contact you off list, i know i'll be needing them.

> Yeah, KoP is an interesting area to drive on any day of the
> year...my wife likes to go there on Black Friday to shop...
> which indicates a masochistic streak.

i stay home on Black Friday, even all the way out here in Collegeville gets
crazy that time of year.

>   http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/ST-SCREW6_32_3.htm
> which is 50 screws/$6.00 plus S/H.  Now that I know what
> to search for I might be able to beat that...but I'll check
> out the home supply stores.

i just went to Sears Hardware and pick up 5 20-count packs for $5.25.  if i
knew where there was a real hardware/lumber yard around here i probably could
have gotten them for less (you know, the kinda place where you buy screws by
the pound, not the count) ;)

just so you all know, 6/32 x 3/8 machine screws is what these are.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --