[rescue] screws for spud brackets

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 8 12:51:10 CDT 2002

> actually, i don't think i have a single "proper SSA" bracket.
>  i've got a
> variety of brackets here, and they all seem to work just fine
> in the SSA.
Yeah, the SSA is apparently the "universal recipient" of Sun
brackets...same as the One True Holy Metal and Plastic Spud
is the "universal donor" blood/spud[0].  I think I have some
"proper" SSA brackets here that never will get used, so let
me know if you start needing extras.

> > If James is correct and the screws for electrical switchplate
> > covers will work, then that's the best solution--especially
> > if you need 100 of them and you want to buy in bulk.

> and i don't have to go searching for them, i know exactly
> where to get them, and i don't have to drive all the way to
> King of Prussia to get them either (not far, just traffic and
> trafficlight hell on the way)

Yeah, KoP is an interesting area to drive on any day of the
year...my wife likes to go there on Black Friday to shop...
which indicates a masochistic streak.

Actually, a little more googling around (since I haven't seen
bulk packs of those screws in Lowe's or Homey Depot around
here, not that I was really looking for such) gave me
  http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/ST-SCREW6_32_3.htm
which is 50 screws/$6.00 plus S/H.  Now that I know what
to search for I might be able to beat that...but I'll check
out the home supply stores.

  --Rip

[0]  I started doing some testing with the 5 different types
  of hot-swap Sun brackets we had here, in all the different
  case types (U1, U2, 711, E3000) I had available, and it
  was amazing the tolerance differences I found...