[rescue] Energy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 8 12:30:06 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:12:21AM -0500, Eric Johnson wrote:

> Which Indians would these be? There were many tribes/nations/whatever, all
> of which had different cultures. Most were very warlike and savage to the
> losers in battle. Many were hunter-gatherers. Most did not appear to plan
> beyond about the middle of next year.

I think Cherokee, but I'm under too much presure to take time to verify.

> Also:
>
> I personally am pretty happy that nobody, thinking out to the 7th
> generation, said "We'd better not develop these computers because they
> might eliminate all the highly paid clerk jobs around here."

Saving jobs through inefficiency is never long term good.

> My personal belief is that it is not possible to think out 7 generations
> (approx. 200 years) with any accuracy. Many things that look horrible
> (like the horseless carriage) in their first few years would be rejected
> because nobody can imagine how they might develop in the future.

It is a guideline, not a hard rule to follow since after all it is more of
less impossible to do acurately.x

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo