[rescue] Energy

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Wed May 8 08:12:21 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I like the Indian (native american, not people from country in middle east)
> philosophy of making desicions with the 7th generation in mind.

Which Indians would these be? There were many tribes/nations/whatever, all
of which had different cultures. Most were very warlike and savage to the
losers in battle. Many were hunter-gatherers. Most did not appear to plan
beyond about the middle of next year.

Also:

I personally am pretty happy that nobody, thinking out to the 7th
generation, said "We'd better not develop these computers because they
might eliminate all the highly paid clerk jobs around here."

My personal belief is that it is not possible to think out 7 generations
(approx. 200 years) with any accuracy. Many things that look horrible
(like the horseless carriage) in their first few years would be rejected
because nobody can imagine how they might develop in the future.

-- Eric Johnson

Some cause hapiness wherever they go;
    others, whenever they go.

    -- Oscar Wilde

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \