[rescue] Energy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 8 01:07:26 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:59:21PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> The easiest way of getting rid of nuclear waste, or any other waste for
> that matter is to ship it to a random direction into space. As long as it
> leaves terrestial orbit, the shitpile will hurdle through space for eons,
> whith a chance of it hitting anything almost negligible.

If space is infinite, then a negligible chance quickly becomes a certain
one.  So, just imagine in 200 years, it finally hits a planet that happens
to be populated by advanced beings with faster than light travel.  It
probably would look something like an act of war.

But then, we are worrying about the 7th generation, not the 10th, aren't we?

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo