[rescue] Energy

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue May 7 22:20:08 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 11:21:09PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I like the Indian (native american, not people from country in middle east)
> philosophy of making desicions with the 7th generation in mind.
>
> I have confidence that something will be found, but I don't want to let the
> waste pile get too large until the answer is found.

i'm not saying i'm content with the current state of nuclear power, but it's
definitely one of the better current alternatives to fossil fuels.  wind is
hard to collect here, as is solar, for any serious power consumption (read
as supplier of electric to others, not end user supplimenting supply)

> Even that little bit helps.  You can't really do much as a renter, but I'd
> be up for trying to use solar heat on water for as much as possible.  Like,

well, it would help in this case.  the less fossil fuel based home heating oil
i use, the better.

> water based home heating anyone?

uhm, you forget what group you address.

VAX based home heating dammit!

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --