[rescue] Energy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 7 22:21:09 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 08:34:08PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> that would be nice, but power is expesive enough around here, but at least it
> comes from the nuclear plant down the road so no fossil fuels are being used
> up for my stuff (i'm one of those fools who thinks nuclear power is safe)

I like the Indian (native american, not people from country in middle east)
philosophy of making desicions with the 7th generation in mind.

What that has to do with this is that while nuclear seems great now, what
will the growing piles of waste do in a hundred years?  I don't think nuclear
should be abandoned because it still seems to have great potential, if only
we could figure out what to do with the waste other than leave it to the
grand kids.

I have confidence that something will be found, but I don't want to let the
waste pile get too large until the answer is found.

> i've been giving throughts to "self generated power" to help offset things.
> solar is expensive if you aren't heating water.

Even that little bit helps.  You can't really do much as a renter, but I'd
be up for trying to use solar heat on water for as much as possible.  Like,
water based home heating anyone?

--
Joshua D. Boyd