[rescue] Introduction + Cray Solaris questions

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue May 7 20:00:28 CDT 2002

> > Hello, I'm completely mad!  :-)
> you are among friends.  we're all mad.
I'm just mad about Saffron... <grin>

> > pallets of rubber protective gear (for high-voltage utility work, not
> > THAT kind of rubber protective gear :-) and just about all the big
> > carriers did a fine job with that stuff.  But for electronics...
> > especially old, heavy stuff like this...

heh, a friend of mine gave me a *flat* (yes, like a case of soda comes in) of
THAT kind of rubber protective gear...  it seems he ordered 10 boxes for work
(public health department) and they sent him 10 _cases_.
When he called about sending them back, they said "don't worry about it" the
shipping was too expensive, so they wrote them off.
I took a bunch of the ones he gave me and filled up a big ceramic cookie jar
on my desk at work and wrote "SURGE PROTECTORS" on the lid.

> i've found that going and getting it yourself is always the best way.
Heck yeah, when are going on the next Road Trip, Brian?

George