[rescue] MTI DAS9000 disk array?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Tue May 7 11:19:20 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 00:46, Chris Byrne wrote:
> buy it, buy it now. Even is its only good for spare parts its still worth a
> few hundred.

Sweet!  Except that, well, it's shipping cost is quoted at $344 to get
to me, on Con-Way Freight.  Shoot!  Mike, I know you had a better
shipping quote out to me for that, care to let me in on how you got
those rates?  :)

> no its not jbod, It's managed RAID 5, but the features of the system are
> hihgly variable depending on the contoller and options installed and I dont
> have a part number reference handy. If you really need one I can probably
> dig something up for you from my MTI guys here.
>
> The one thing is, even maxed out they are low on cache for a storage array
> of its size. I also think this model maxes out a F/W-Ultra but Im not 100%
> on that.

> Heres some documentation on the whole series
>
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rak/9k_manual/9kconfig.html
> http://support.mti.com/documentationcd/docs/other/raid/3000manager/3000manag
> er_um.pdf
> http://support.mti.com/softwarecd/index.html
http://support.mti.com/documentationcd/index.html

Thanks, I think I've found my reading material for this morning!
	Greg