[rescue] Re: SBE/S

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun May 5 22:24:02 CDT 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 11:33:45PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I've used a wax Tektronix at one place I worked, and I wasn't so impressed.
> In my dream world, I'd have a nice cheap to operate, high resolution color
> laser (and barring that, a really nice B&W one), and additionally a nice
> ink jet or dye sub printer capable of large format work.  The HP1200C is
> starting to get to what I mean, but would prefer something large still.
> Iris printers are nice, but yeah right, I'll ever have one.

Epson Stylus Color 3000 I think.  Not sure what current used pricing is.

> Also, it would be cool to have a small printing press.

I doubt it, but I can set you up with a small AB Dick for under $400,
probably around $200.  They are old fashioned looking and are used for
printing envelopes and small flyers - it goes up to legal size paper I
believe.  They take 220VAC usually.

Note that you will need some way to make a plate though - you can get
others to make them for you once you have a PostScript file.  You can
use either "paper" which is really a polyester film or metal ones.
The paper ones would cost less than $10 I think.  Note: two sided
flyer = 2 plates needed.

> Have you ever tried feeding water color paper or other very heavy stock
> through your 1200C?

I doubt any inkjet would behave well with such absorbent papers,
though the effect could be artistic.

./patrick