[rescue] Nerd Desks?

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sun May 5 12:04:47 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:
>   There are several manufacturers' tables floating around (also called
> catering tables, church tables, and several other names);

Thinking about it now.... they're plenty of them at church, and they
would probbaly hold quite a lot, as you say.  They are about as old as I
am too :-)  The one I bought was only $40 at Sam's Club, about 7 years
ago..... I guess I get what I pay for :-)

 > some of them
> suck but others are excellent.  Just look at them before you buy
> them...make sure they have metal rails running the length of the table
> to contribute stiffness to the [otherwise useless] particle board, and
> make sure said rails are securely fastened to said particle board.

Mine has steel rails, but they are thin, and aren't secured well.  I'm
going to get rid of it soon, I think.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA