[rescue] An obscure favour

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Sun May 5 03:22:40 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm seeing some unusual behaviour getting NTP to work under
OpenBSD3.0/Alpha, I think I've struck something in the difference between
the 21064 and the 21064A CPUs.  I compiled ntpd (from ntp-4.1.1a source) on
the 21064A and it won't run on the 21064, specifically I get:

pid 4858 (ntpd): unaligned access: va=0x1ffffb4cc pc=0x12000dcd0
ra=0x12000dc9c op=ldt
May  5 18:31:03 myhost ntpd[4858]: ntpd exiting on signal 10
finish(SIGBUS)

but it seems to start ok on the 21064.  They're running identical kernels
and should be pretty similar in most other respects, and things like
ntpdate and ntptrace run OK on it.

Does anyone have the ability to compile (or run) ntpd on a 21064 (non A)
based OpenBSD or NetBSD box that could help me out here?  I'd like to
investigate somewhat before raising a bug report and risking the wrath of Theo.

thanks,

Rob.