[rescue] Nerd Desks?

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Sat May 4 22:55:01 CDT 2002

JL> No point having monitors hanging off the servers.  All of them hang off of
JL> a Livingston/Lucent Portmaster, along with a Wyse-150 terminal.  I can
JL> telnet into the PM for normal console access, or go directly to the
JL> terminal if everything has been downed.  I'm working on racking everything
JL> but in the mean while most of it it just on shelves.

That's the same point I was going to make here - I have two monitors, not
counting my wife's, and use telnet/terminal emulators to do almost everything
I need done on the separate machines.  Anything I can run headless I do run
headless[1].

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net

1[About the only thing I can't run headless - for some stinking reason -
is my DVD pee-cee for the bedroom.  The PCI hardware encoder card
player does not want to work when the ATI All-In-Wonder-Pro (old PCI model) is
hooked up only to the TV's RCA input.  Probably deliberate - either
that or I don't understand enough about video decoding software.
(Not just a possibility. :-(  It _should_ work though.)]