[rescue] Making SS20 drive brackets

Dan Canaan flinters at picarefy.com
Sat May 4 12:10:45 CDT 2002

At 11:43 AM 5/4/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Explain the 3rd-party SS5 drive brackets I have, then, that are identical
>to the Sun part except they're not purple?

Licensing agreements?  Permission from the orginal maker to clone their
parts?  Could be anything there.

I've had entirely too much experience in this sort of thing in the past and
don't want to see anyone on this list go down that path as well- it's very
very very costly.  You can probably get away with it for a while, but don't
count on it.

There are a lot of cheap knockoffs of products out there.  Most are made in
foreign countries and brought to the US.

I won't be a party to this sort of criminal activity.  I won't be
purchasing any such products.  The morals I was brought up with state that
theft is wrong.

That's all I shall say on the subject.