[rescue] Re: FC25 cards for SSA 114

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri May 3 21:33:42 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > I've just received my pile of SPARCstorage Array 114 units, and I'm now
> > looking around for controllers for them. Also looking for some DOans Pills
>
> The trays and power supply are removable without any fuss.  The remaining
> metal chassis isn't as much of a backbreaker.  You'll be pleasantly
> surprised to find out how light they are with the power supplies removed.
>
> It's always better to take more trips than to hurt yourself.

Definitely. I haven't moved them more than about 24 inches at a time so
far... from box to cart, from cart to van. Good to know they are easily
disassembled.

> Nevertheless, nice score on the SSA 114s.  Those are nice JBODs.
> Were you lucky enough to receive them with the batteries in working
> condition?  The cache on the shelf controller won't function with a
> flat (or missing) battery, and the speedup isn't insignificant.

I don't know yet. Haven't plugged them in but I may get to do that this
weekend. Then I have to get a controller or two to connect them to
something... I have a FC controller but it's 100MB/sec not 25MB/sec.

--Rob