[rescue] FC25 cards for SSA 114

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 3 21:06:35 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Robert Novak wrote:

> I've just received my pile of SPARCstorage Array 114 units, and I'm now
> looking around for controllers for them. Also looking for some DOans Pills
> and noting that I will get help to move them into my apartment from the
> van. :)

The trays and power supply are removable without any fuss.  The remaining
metal chassis isn't as much of a backbreaker.  You'll be pleasantly
surprised to find out how light they are with the power supplies removed.

It's always better to take more trips than to hurt yourself.

Nevertheless, nice score on the SSA 114s.  Those are nice JBODs.  Were you
lucky enough to receive them with the batteries in working condition?  The
cache on the shelf controller won't function with a flat (or missing)
battery, and the speedup isn't insignificant.

--Jonathan