[rescue] pointless rant -- difficult machines

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 2 15:10:43 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:08:31PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> 5. any Okidata personal Laser printer... need to take entirely apart to
> fix the most trivial parts... Need a map to get all the parts back
> together because everything overlaps and holds everything else together.

12.  SGI Indigo2.  Removing the motherboard.  TONS OF TINY LITTLE SCREWS
(including the connectors on the back of the machine).  Took me TWO HOURS,
to take everything out, "reseat" the motherboard on the standoffs, and put
it back in.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford     | "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.
mrbill at mrbill.net | Hate leads to using Windows for mission-critical