[rescue] Sun 711

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu May 2 13:00:32 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Nope, not confused here. The i860 is still in production for use in many
> embedded systems, and is used in quite a few storage and I/O products.

That is the i960. The i860 is a totally different family and it is not
very "emeddeable" really. the i860 production stopped long ago, the i960
might still be on production but I think intel was moving towards ARM for
embedded.

> It's also used in some digital audio equipment and other DSP gear, and
> bunches of other stuff.

In older equipment perhaps the i860 as a DSP stopped making sense almost a
decade ago.