[rescue] Sun 711

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu May 2 00:52:39 CDT 2002

I love BeOs. When it works. Which isnt very often.

If you have exactly the right hardware and software BeOs absolutely kicks
ass. A middleaged MacClone running built in scsi based on an adaptec or
symbios chipset with ATI graphics and a 3com network card for example. Or if
you are spectacularly lucky a BeBox.

I truly wish that Plam would release all of BeOs as open source if only t
piss off Jean Louis Gasse. He's an even bigger asshole then Theo and that's
saying something.

I myself have a dual ppro 200 intergraph machine. It's makes a great Linux
box though I had a hell of a time getting X to run on it. I would have loved
to use BeOs on it, only one problem. The video card will only do 640x480 in
B&W mode so no BeOs

Chris Byrne

<snip>