[rescue] Sun 711

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 2 00:42:48 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 06:33:50AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> I will be much happier with Apple for high end video editing if they offer
> the 4 proc 2 bus 64/66 machine that they keep semi kinda hinting they will
> maybe sorta do.

I'd be happy at this point if I could afford one.  But, higher end machines
need to come out too.  Then need to offer more processors, more serious
busses, real servers, and better graphics cards.

> Of course I'd be even happier of I could run a mature stable and supported
> version of BeOs on it.

My current main computer was bought to be a BeOS toy machine.  I was trying
to buy a dual PPRO, but I couldn't get my hands on one at a fair price, so
for what I thought was going to be just a small amount extra I lept for
a dual-PII, then spent a small fortune trying to make it actually work (ended
up having to dump every ISA card I'd been trying to put in it).

Anyway, I gave up on BeOS when I realized that they were nevernever going
to come out with the real GL support they had been promising.  That was
the deal killer.

And you know what, I'd gone to the trouble of getting legitimate copies since
the very first Intel release was put out, even though I couldn't run it on
the machine I owned at the time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd