[rescue] Sun 711

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 1 23:54:59 CDT 2002

On May 1, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> Hey, if you end up managing this let us (or at least me) know.  I'd be
> really intrested to hear what kind of intel hardware it'd take to push
> that kind of throughput.

  What is this "pull" to use PeeCees for this sort of stuff?  Why not
just use computers that were designed for this much I/O in the first
place?  Does Intel give out some sort of prize that I'm unaware of for
plastering their processors into places they're really not suited to
be?

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den