[rescue] Sun 711

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 1 22:49:18 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:04:35PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> Actually I was just talking with my boss and explaining things. I sent him
> Chris's email (thanks BTW). He asked what an E450 would cost :-)
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2020867497)
>
> Now to research the video options for a E450 :-) Will any Sun video card do
> 2k resolution?

Now theres an interesting approach.  Maybe you can get Sun to cut you a deal
since they are trying to push for more of the content creation market.

Err, what are you going to use for playback on the Sun though?  A simple
OpenGL program should be all that is needed.  You can't really take the
flip approach because it tries to load everything into memory.  But, almost
any coder should be able to make such a thing work, even going from scratch.

But then, maybe Sun has a solution sitting around somewhere.

Let us know what you work out.

Oh, are you trying to simulate the way the film works with LUTs and stuff on
the playback machine?

--
Joshua D. Boyd