[rescue] Sun 711

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed May 1 21:22:58 CDT 2002

No problem always glad to help. You guys are al geniuses on lots of stuff I
might as well get in on what I know, storage, really big systems and
networks, and security (plus a metric assload of other random useless crap)

Make sure you get an E450 with ALL the backplanes installed BTW. One, they
are expensive to purchase from Sun after the fact, and two, they are a real
pain in the ass to put in.

In terms of console displays there's some serious graphics hardware availabe
for the 450 from sun. In terms of analog or digital video anything PCI
that'll run under solaris should work in the E450. Sun's OEM solution only
does 7fps full screen pal though so you'll have to go third party.

Chris Byrne