[rescue] Sun 711

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed May 1 22:18:41 CDT 2002

Okay Im going to combine the replies to both your responses here

Actually I've found that multichannel controllers in general use less of
their maximum throughput per channel than do single channel controllers.
I've tested MTI, Mylex, adaptec, DPT and other brands before and it has
proved true for all of them. That may be just because a single 32/33 or
64/66 PCI slot doesnt provide for enough bandwidth to effecitvely utilize
all the channels however.

On the PCI-X issue, that's great. Now are there high quality HBA's that
support 64 bit 133mhz? I havent seen any yet, but if so than I'm all for
them. I can't wait to get my hands on one to test if nothing else.

Oh and yes its 1.06GB/s

Chris Byrne