[rescue] Uses for home networks

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Sun Mar 31 17:46:59 CST 2002

On Sunday, March 31, 2002, at 04:07 PM, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am sure most of us have moderately sized(4+ computer) networks at
> home. I am just wondering what some people do with all their power. I
> don't
> really like rc5 stuff because its not individual and you don't getneat
> frequent results. I was looking into 3d rendering but I was unable to
> find a
> good program that supports lots of archs and OSes. I'd prefer something
> that
> can run on older systems as well as new and distribute itself for one
> result.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Computer_Science/Distributed_Computing/
Projects/
Looks like a lot of good projects there.

Sun also has that grid engine thingy for diy distributed projects.

For rendering, you can (it seems) get PovRay to work over a network.

To tell you the truth, I have three machines that just play a little
early AI network war game. Send him to the game grid!

--
David Rouse