[rescue] Uses for home networks

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Mar 31 19:59:54 CST 2002

>     I am sure most of us have moderately sized(4+ computer) networks at
> home. I am just wondering what some people do with all their power. I don't
> really like rc5 stuff because its not individual and you don't getneat
> frequent results. I was looking into 3d rendering but I was unable to find a
> good program that supports lots of archs and OSes. I'd prefer something that
> can run on older systems as well as new and distribute itself for one
> result.

I've trimmed down the number of "always on" boxen to 4 here.  The
Windows box s Karin's workstation and does cancer research (that Intel
client, whatever it is), this Octane is my personal workstation and runs
Seti, The Indy runs Seti when I'm not doing video capture, and the
Indigo just sits there and looks pretty :)

Kurt