[rescue] Sparc IPX's

Darryl Barile dbarile at interserv.com
Sat Mar 30 17:13:55 CST 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Sandau" <ssandau at bath.tmac.com>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] Sparc IPX's

> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 05:03:43PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:
> > > Also makes me wonder who had these things when they say *memory* was
> > > removed for security reasons... Some property of RAM that is, as yet,
> > > unknown to me that would make this necessary? ;)

I've never seen this on any of the Govt/Military/DoD surplus I have
acquired. Memeory drives etc. usually still there.

The only time I've ever seen it personally is a guy on ebay. I assumed he
was taking the memory/drives out to sell separately. His wallet's security
is what I thought he was talking about.