[rescue] Tandem badged Indigo2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 29 17:53:22 CST 2002

> > > After spending an hour removing dust accumulated in this system, I
> > > noticed that the audio subsystem isn't present ! On the rear, the
> > > place where audio connectors should be is obturated with a steel
> > > plate, and there is an empty connector on the motherboard.
>
> I have no idea why that could be. Maybe there is something curious that
> could have been attached to it.

Take a close look at the audio subsystem on an Indigo2.  It's on a
daughtercard, which is why when you hinv a "regular" Indigo2 it says:

  Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0

If you hinv an Indigo2 with the bare connector there, that line will not
be present in the output from hinv.

I'm guess that the audio module would be Very Difficul to get ahold of
unless you find someone with a completely dead IP22 or IP28 board.  The
module is just affixed with standoffs.

--Jonathan