[rescue] Re: SGI Video - PC Monitor (*)

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Mar 28 21:21:09 CST 2002

I hate to bring this thread back up, but I just got my I2 today and I'm
trying to get something to display it with.

I have a 13W3 -> HD15 borrowed from an RS/6K box.  The cable is good because
it works on my SS20.  However, my 19" SVGA won't display anything.  It's
reporting 0khz horizontal and 72.2khz vertical.  This tells me that the hsync
line is either grounded or not connected and the vsync line probably is
connected.  I think this is responsible for confusing my monitor into
thinking it has composite sync instead of SOG.  Does anyone concur?

Now, this tube is an Envision EN-910e.  Certainly not top of the line, so it
wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't do SOG, but I can't definately say that it
doesn't.  (Anyone have one?)

Would it perhaps help to craft a cable/adapter that doesn't connect the sync
lines just in case they are the source of the confusion?  Maybe my 13W3->HD15
is wrong/bad?  I have a scope, can anyone tell me what I'm looking for?

-E.