[rescue] HP 715/80

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Mar 28 10:49:41 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:24:50PM +0200, Harri Haataja wrote:
(Some mutt hook done crazy, set wrong from address..)
> Picked it up today. So far I haven't gotten much done. It boots very
> slowly. Apparently quite a few services try to resolve something.

I reinstalled and have been exploring this wonderful world that is
HP-UX. Wish there was a single shell and term that would work in a
halfway-sane way.

> What I would like to (but HP sure doesn't want me to) find is a manual
> for that. The HP-UX manual sets at least are available. But the old
> system manuals are buried as deeps as the old Alpha manuals (were?).

So far I've gotten along. The lvm doesn't seem to allow growing
partitions "live" and I can't find any sound applications anywhere
(volume control for the headphones would make life easier).

But it looks like a nice machine. Got to love the blinkenlights.