[rescue] Sun FDDI/DAS 5.0 Drivers

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Mar 27 07:53:45 CST 2002

> try manually setting it up first
>
> ifconfig -a                    to see initial  state
> ifconfig nf0 plumb
> ifconfig -a                to check  that it worked
>

> if that shows nf0, then  create a file  /etc/hostname.nf0 and in it put
> a hostname.  In the /etc/hosts , define this hostname in terms of ip
> address.  Lets say its  192.9.200.1  fred  in the /etc/hosts file and
> fred in the /etc/hostname.nf0
>
> ifconfig nf0 fred up
> ifconfig -a                 to check
>
> in .etc/rc2.d or /etc/rc3.d  there should be a file referring to fddi..
>  eg S75fddi, run S75fddi start
>

> or reboot to see if its OK

That worked.  nf0 won't be plumbed during startup unless the
/etc/hostname.nf0 file is defined.  I still think I have a
problem as the man pages weren't installed in the right place.
I found the man pages by searching for *nf*.  They're in
/etc/opt/SUNWconn/(forget the rest of the path).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net