[rescue] Sun FDDI/DAS 5.0 Drivers

Jeremy Towers jeremy.towers at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 27 04:39:36 CST 2002

try manually setting it up first

ifconfig -a                    to see initial  state
ifconfig nf0 plumb
ifconfig -a                to check  that it worked

if that shows nf0, then  create a file  /etc/hostname.nf0 and in it put
a hostname.  In the /etc/hosts , define this hostname in terms of ip
address.  Lets say its  192.9.200.1  fred  in the /etc/hosts file and
fred in the /etc/hostname.nf0

ifconfig nf0 fred up
ifconfig -a                 to check

in .etc/rc2.d or /etc/rc3.d  there should be a file referring to fddi..
 eg S75fddi, run S75fddi start

or reboot to see if its OK

regards

Jeremy